You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘heroic innovation’ tag.
- innovation has become a mantra in Taiwan b/c its consumer electronics industry has run into serious trouble nyti.ms/YFCtVn 6 days ago
- Heat-Trapping Gas Passes Milestone (400ppm), Raising Fears (one hopes) nyti.ms/YB4uNJ 1 week ago
- Nice open-source platform for improving information quality on the web (about time!): hypothes.is 1 week ago
- Interesting microgrid panel at Columbia U last weeK: bit.ly/11QLVUz 1 week ago
- In Two-Way Charging, Electric Cars Begin to Earn Money From the Grid nyti.ms/15Nlh4B 3 weeks ago
The orbit of ideas
applied solutions Applied Solutions Coalition art BIF biomimicry Clean Edge Clinton Global Initiative Clint Wilder Code Green competitiveness creativity design designomics disruption DOE Economic Development emotion energy efficiency engineering heroic innovation HOK IDEA infrastructure Innovation innovation ecosystem Innovation Park innovation stratety intuition John Maeda journal math MIT Paul Krugman renewable energy RISD Santa Fe Santa Fe Complex science SFIP social sector state of the union STEM technology telecom trans-disciplinary
Innovation Parks: Past, Present, Future
Download a .pdf of SFIP's presentation to the 2009 ASC conference HERE
- Architecture's 2010 Hot Shop Wins A Billionaire Patron August 25, 2010Plenty of architecture's biggest names have been laid low by the Great Recession, as I wrote recently in Bloomberg Businessweek. One partnership has never had it better, however: New York-based Diller Scofidio + Renfro. On Monday, the 60-person shop was named chief architect of billionaire Eli Broad's $80 million-plus art museum in downtown Los Ang […]Michael Arndt
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Wireless Maintenance Robots Ascend Wind Turbines May 17, 2013With a 13.1 inch tall mid-sized model, Helical Robotics’s HR-MP series robots can scale immense wind turbines to inspect them for damage. Unlike the similar tethered prototype GE and International Climbing Machines began developing last year, these wheeled robots are wireless. Controlled by a radio signal and equipped with digital cameras, the climbing robot […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Sarah Rich)